Sunday, December 04, 2005

What happens when a crocheter evolves???

This happens...



The yarns that you see in the above picture are handspun by myself. Who knew? LOL I was introduced to spinning and weaving back in 1999 but never really paid much attention to it as that is when my mother first started. Little did I know that I would in essence one day spin my own yarn. LOL I will not lie my first attempts were gastly but after resisting it and finally spinning seriously for the last few months I am proud to say that I have gotten the hang of it now. It's really quite addicting to tell you the truth. Now I am always on the lookout for quality roving when I am on eBay.

I have actually been thinking about adding these beauties to the site. Well not these plain ones of course. LOL I mean more pretty colorful ones in bulky and worsted weight. All of the above are worsted weight. I guess I could make 2 ply bulky weight. I also have some other craft goodies that I know that I will not be using and instead of me hording them, I know there is probably some crafty mama out there that could put them to good use and give them a good home. Bottle caps anyone?? LOL I have them in various colors.. I thought that I was going to add bottlecap necklaces to my site but I can't figure out how to add a hole in them without a dremel and yes I tried the nail and hammer bit and it never worked for me. So I don't know what to do with them.

Speaking of crocheting, I will be adding some new scarves to the site that I am finishing up right now tonight hopefully but tomorrow for sure. So stay tuned....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home